- Select fruits and vegetables that are in season.
- When you can, choose local produce. It supports your local economy and gives you the most bang for your nutritional buck.
- Choose fruits and veggies that are firm and free of cuts or bruises.
- Do a smell check. Fruits such as strawberries and peaches smell the best when they're most flavorful.
- When choosing greens, pick ones that are sturdy and deep green in color. Steer clear of ones that look yellow or brown.
Monday, June 1, 2015
5 Tips for Your Next Grocery Trip
Fruits and vegetables are essential for a healthy, well-balanced diet, and these tips will help you choose the best ones at the market: