- Select fruits and vegetables that are in season.
- When you can, choose local produce. It supports your local economy and gives you the most bang for your nutritional buck.
- Choose fruits and veggies that are firm and free of cuts or bruises.
- Do a smell check. Fruits such as strawberries and peaches smell the best when they're most flavorful.
- When choosing greens, pick ones that are sturdy and deep green in color. Steer clear of ones that look yellow or brown.
Monday, June 1, 2015
Fruits and vegetables are essential for a healthy, well-balanced diet, and these tips will help you choose the best ones at the market: